Sunday, June 16, 2013

New Amitie BOM

Putting it simply, I simply adore Jen Kingwell's (Amitie) talent for quilt and pattern making.


Jen's new Block of the Month quilt 'Bring Me Flowers' is yet another fine example of her gift for combining sometimes wacky but always wonderful fabrics to create delightful quilt blocks, sent out and received each month with great anticipation on my part!!!


Month two has arrived and is in progress! Such gorgeous fabrics including Liberty's, yum.


And in case you are wondering, I am still slowly working on Jen's Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt. Another classic pattern that can now be purchased as a pattern from Amitie here. Laying them all out like this makes me realise I have actually completed quite a few blocks now. These are being stitched using the hand piecing method and needle turn applique, as are the above 'Bring Me Flowers' blocks.


I'm not in a rush to get these done, I love having some hand work to pick up and put down whenever the mood takes me, so keeping them on hangers will mean they won't get deep creases in them from months of being folded.


Well, the sun is finally shining, so I'm going to go and soak up a few winter rays! Have a gorgeous weekend everyone. xo

17 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the BOM's your working on look great.....enjoy them.......would love to get to the Amitie shop one day.......

OPQuilt said...

Love that quilt of hers, and fun to see yours in different stages and completion. I just finished up a long-term project (in the quilting/binding phrase) and I miss having something around I can just pick up when the mood hits.

Your flower blocks are lovely!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

audrey said...

Lovely work on your blocks! Great idea for how to store them long term.

Quiltjane said...

Lovely quilt and your blocks are just beautiful.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Gorgeous blocks!

dutchcomfort said...

I love Jen Kingwell’s patterns!
Your blocks look so wonderful and the idea of hanging blocks on hangers is a great one!

Janet said...

I love Jen's patterns as well and the fabrics used are really great. You're going well.

Jenny M said...

It is always good to have some hand work to do when you don't want to have your foot to the floor 'driving' the sewing machine. Lovely blocks & fabric.

L E Antwis said...

Your blocks look so lovely - and all done by hand which is amazing!!! Linda @ kokaquilts.com

meli B said...

That windmill block is gorgeous. I like to work on lots of different projects at one time. Finishing each block is very satisfying.

Rana said...

oh my gosh, i adore her designs as well! i just started gtsb myself and i am loving making that cute quilt. i am 7 blocks in and sharing them on my blog too! happy stitching

Susie said...

Such amazing fabric combinations. Would freak at having to choose my own colours. I need to do one of those BOMS is Jen's one day.

Susie said...

Such amazing fabric combinations. Would freak at having to choose my own colours. I need to do one of those BOMS is Jen's one day.

Cardygirl said...

I am loving this too....working away on mine at the moment! It is just nice to enjoy all of the lovely amitie BOMs, and suddenly realise that you are nearly finished!

Dee said...

You always have such fun projects to share! I love the fabrics you've chosen for your blocks...I use hangers too!

Hope the Vitamin D keeps you happy and sewing!

Michelle Huddleston said...

Love the blocks, and thanks for the hangar tip. I keep my finished blocks in clean (unused) pizza boxes.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Wow, such prettiness! I just love everything you've got going on! :D