Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Treehouse Textiles & Amitie & Stuff!

All sorts of stuff! happening here, a few things I can't show yet, but I do have a quilt pattern being released in another magazine soon, yay! I can however, announce that Emma and I have been very busily cutting our BOM fabrics for the first month of our new Citrus Sweet Love quilt.


We are pleased to say we have cut enough for an extra 6 spaces so if you are interested in taking part in our BOM program, send Emma an email at info@treehousetextiles.com.au. We have been thrilled and humbled to the reaction to our first BOM quilt. Thank you to all who have expressed interest and sent beautiful comments. We really appreciate it.

Also coming up at the Treehouse Textiles in the next week or so is a VIP visit from Amitie's gorgeous Jen Kingwell. It's not too late to book in for a class with Jen where she will be teaching an applique and template workshop based on her wonderful quilt pattern Green Tea and Sweet Beans.

applique block from Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt

Only three places remaining for Jen's class on Saturday 6th July, check out here if you would like to book. Also now is the time to pop over and buy some of Jen's patterns, they are on sale until Friday 28th!

I'm also working on a very late birthday present for my Mum who I will be seeing in a few days. This will become a bag very soon! (only 18 months late, eek!).


So that is about all the stuff I can share for now. I have been thoroughly enjoying our sunny winter days of late, it's been so nice to see the sun a lot of this winter, though I'm sure we will need more rain soon too!


Have a gorgeous rest of the week!!

14 comments:

Carla said...

I just love Jen Kingwell's quilts. I'm making my own version of GTSB through a swap I'm in. Your projects look delightful!!

Donna~~ said...

It all sounds very exciting, Cathy! Some day I hope to make Beans and Tea quilt....but first I have to finish a few things to make enough room for another project. Have fun with your mum!

Liz said...

It was very sweet of you to take a picture of my BOM pack! :-)

Willit Neverend said...

I am working on a quilt for my dad's birthday. By the time I finish, it should only be two years too late. I'm glad to see even the very talented and consistently creative can be in the same situation :)

Susie said...

Oh I adore all those quilts! Very tempting.

Susie said...

Oh I adore all those quilts! Very tempting.

meli B said...

I am thrilled for your that your new BOM has been so well received. The winter sun has been perfect for stitching and midday walks.

Miriam said...

Congratulations on being published again, Cathy!! :)
Great to hear Citrus Sweet Love is doing so well!!!
Have wonderful time with your Mum.

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love your BOM!

Stina Blomgren said...

I so LOVE your quilts... They make me smile from ear to ear...:0))! Have been fun catching up...I really really should buy some of these patterns!!! :0))
kviltstina at gmail dot com

Carla said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what new thing that you have up your creative sleeve, Cathy!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Exciting stuff Cathy! That looks like such a beautiful day. Hope you're doing well!

Oops-Lah said...

Love your Green Tea and Sweet Beans block. While I was examining it closely I saw that the news print you've used as the back ground is showing a castle in Switzerland advertising Swiss wine. Fancy that ;)!

PatSloan said...

hello hello! have missed stopping in to see your lovely work... hope you are doing well!