Monday, July 29, 2013

Amitie BOM & a Whirlwind Weekend!

Are you making Amitie's latest Bom called Bring Me Flowers?


 They are such gorgeous blocks with delightful fabrics.


These are month two. You can see more of the quilt and further info here. Another winner like anything that Jen Kingwell puts her hand too! Delicious.


Today I am resting a little after three fabulous days with two gorgeous friends, Jo and Marie, from Brisbane. On Friday we firstly visited Emma at Treehouse Textiles then spent some lovely hours at the Tyabb Packing House stuffed full of antiques. Next day was an amazing day in the company of Gail PanLeanne Beasley and Natalie Lymer, and a large bunch of very friendly women at the Friends in Stitches retreat. We were thoroughly spoilt and came home with, amongst other things, a gorgeous stitchery from each designer.


I chose to begin stitching Natalie Lymers sweet Room for Friends pattern.


On Sunday we went to town (Melbourne) and started off with a scrumptious morning tea at Hopetoun Tearooms, where just deciding what you will eat is delightful.


After that we visited the Quilt Show and ran into some gorgeous people...Jodie (RicRac), Linda (Quilts in the Barn), Sue and Julie (Millrose Cottage), a couple of friends from our stitch group and a lovely blog lurker, Hi Jean!!! And of course, came home with a bit of a haul....

...a sweet buddy case and Sue Spargo's 'how to' of stitches book from Millrose Cottage....


...a funny little portable light to take to my stitch group. I love that it is usb rechargeable, and that it is so tiny it will fit in my handbag! From Daylight/Scissorman here.


...as well as a couple of beautiful books from Quiltmania.


I was thrilled to learn from Linda that her Quilts in the Barn this year is 'All About Chintz' and will feature some of the quilts from the above book (right), 'A Promenade in a Dutch Garden'. Wow, these quilts are so beautiful, I cannot wait to see them in the barn, I'm marking Fri 27th - Sun 29th September in my diary right away!


I think it's funny I didn't even buy fabric! My dear friends have now returned to their homes in QLD and I will miss them, but will live on the memories of this weekend for a long time to come.

16 comments:

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Such pretty blocks and what a fun weekend!

Oops-Lah said...

A wonderful post about a great weekend. A friend of mine is making the "Bring Me Flowers" BOM and I'm once again very tempted! Your blocks looks great by the way.

Patchwork and Play said...

What- Grand Final weekend! That might be tricky!

Dee said...

What an awesome time to spend with friends and meet new ones! That light is just too cute! Always love the blocks you post! Such happy colors that make me smile!

Stephanie said...

I always love your selection of fabrics for your projects. Very fun flowers! Oh dear how I'd love a weekend such as yours. Sounds like food, friends, fun, fabric = rejuvenation!

Nedra said...

This is the first I've seen the Bring Me Flowers block. How cute is that! And being with our quilt friends and buying fun things for future projects is always the BEST!

Anna said...

I love those Bring Me Flowers blocks! I realize that I am going to have to start collecting more fun fabrics! I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and can't wait to start digging into some fun projects!

Donna~~ said...

Gorgeous new Amitie blocks--I'm looking forward to seeing this project grow. Sounds like a wonderful weekend with friends (I think I gained 5 lbs just looking in the window of all those goodies to choose from). So many sewing goodies too--I'd love to curl up with your new books--they look wonderful!

Lynda said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. I was in Melbourne too and each time we walked by those Tea Rooms the queue was so long so only took a photo of the window. Also visited Amitie (wonderful) and a couple of other shops.

Merran said...

I was at the show on Sunday too and also bought lights - its a worry

Janet said...

What a fabulous weekend you've had. I was so tempted by the bom but held back so I'll enjoy yours instead.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Your new light looks wonderful!! I love your latest BOM blocks - such wonderful fabrics!

meli B said...

I also fell in love with the Quiltmania books. Brilliant! The Quilts in the Barn exhibition looks good.

pandchintz said...

That Sue Spargo book is The Best! And I bought one of those lights too - it works brilliantly!! You've had a lovely time.

Susie said...

What a delightful weekend! So sorry I missed you at friends in stitches. The Sunday was a lovely day too

Susie said...

What a delightful weekend! So sorry I missed you at friends in stitches. The Sunday was a lovely day too