Saturday, July 20, 2013

There and Back Again!

We are safely home (been back a week now) from our trip to Brisbane to visit with family, some we hadn't even met yet (my two year old nephew). It's been three years since we made the trek up there and it was so wonderful to see all our family again. We set off on the 1800km trip on a foggy morning, kept company in the car by the heavenly voice of Stephen Fry whispering Harry Potter stories in our ears!!! We do love to travel with a good audiobook.


A highlight of the trip was wandering around Southbank with my sister and her four nephews, and visiting the QLD art gallery to see the amazing quilt exhibition there.


Smaller than I was expecting, it was awe-inspiring none-the-less. The level of perfection achieved by the women who created these works of art some around 300 years ago was almost overwhelming to me. Of course, I had to buy the book so I could continue to re-visit these quilts whenever I wish. Anyone else been? Thinking of going?


I did manage to get the bag for my Mum finished, phew (very late birthday pressie) and she loved it. 


We were treated to some amazing vegan foods by my incredibly creative brother. This chocolate tart was amazing, all made from fresh young coconut, cacao powder, nuts, agave, raspberries, etc. Yumeeee!


We got one day of gloomy rainy weather...


But the rest was warm and sunny...


Lucky for me I love the cold weather, cause we are home now and the cold has set back in here on the Mornington Peninsula!! 

7 comments:

Patchwork and Play said...

Yes, winter is here, that's for sure! Thankfully you've had a chance to warm up! The chocolate tart looks yummy!

Oops-Lah said...

Good to know you had a lovey get away to see family. I dream of winter as it's very hot here at the moment. Send some of your cold weather my way, please ;)!

Dee said...

What fun to be able to visit family we love and places that inspire us! Thanks for the pics....it's like a mini vacation!

Nedra said...

Looks like you had a fun visit with family. and that book looks wonderful!

LJ said...

what a lovely post! you have to share with us how you made that bag!! It's gorgeous!!

Katie said...

What a fun trip, and the chocolate tart looks divine! I followed along on Instagram, so I almost felt like I was there.....if only!

Archie the wonder dog said...

We share a love of audio-books, particularly Harry Potter audio-books!