Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fun at the Fair...

But first, I wanted to show a gorgeous Lotus fabric I found at Fabricmade on Etsy the other day (and is now living with me!).

 This piece is roughly 140cm x 145cms (or 1 1/2 yards x wof)

Isn't it rich and delicious. I have a plan for this lightweight linen fabric, I cannot wait to get started. I've been inspired.

Back to the Fair. The Australian Craft and Quilt Fair in Melbourne that is. Wrapping up today, it opened Thursday. Emma and Sarah (Treehouse Textiles) had a stall there this year (so good) and I went and worked there with Em on Friday. I had a great day meeting old friends and meeting new ones. Our new BOM Ginger Crush (see back wall in photo) which was released on Wednesday has had such a great response and is now almost filled.


Our BOM from last year Citrus Sweet Love is now in booklet form and available for purchase. Send Emma and email if you are interested (info@treehousetextiles.com.au).


While I was there I didn't get much time to shop (too busy chatting!), however being the bookworm that I am I made sure I picked up a couple of buys at the Quiltmania stand.

Michelle Yeo's new book Of Needle, Thimble and Thread
Lots of great projects in here

'Godharis' by Geeta Khandelwal
A wonderful resource and heavy coffee table book!
Lot's of inspiration

Of course I had to buy a sweet bag to put my heavy books in!!


Next time, I obviously need to go back a second day to do more fabric shopping!! xo

7 comments:

AnnieMac said...

I agree with you Cathy, I need to go back a second time too. It was lovely to catch up with you again. At least we saved some money by running out of time. Although I'm envious of some of the purchases of others that I've seen on line!!!

Cathy Underhill said...

Hello AnnieMac, I wanted to reply however your comment came through as no reply, I'm hoping you pop back and see this! So good to meet you too, and I agree, perhaps it was better I didn't have much time...on the purse that is!!! xo

Salley said...

2 day shopping is the best!
I often "think" about things overnight otherwise it could be buying on impulse if I feel pressed for time. That new linen of yours is so beautiful. Can you bear to cut it up!!

Carla said...

Citrus sweet looks amazing! Love all your quilts

Jodi said...

Don't you love poring over quilt books, gazing at and reading every page. Fabulous piece you found on Etsy - I'm jealous! :-)

Stephanie said...

What a fabulous piece of fabric. It looks like the mister's lily pond when it's in full bloom.

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love that fabric and can't wait to see what you do with it! A second day at the quilt fair sounds like an excellent idea!