Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Burbling Along

Burble: (noun) a bubbling or gentle flow.

I think burble is a great word to show what state I'm in at the present. Things are getting done, but, as a few of them are hand work, they are just burbling slowly along!!


My Mandala has had another wee round added...I just adore this hot salmon/pink with grey dot fabric.


It's been so much fun to watch this quilt change and grow with each new round.

Photo mosaic made at BigHugeLabs Mosaic Maker

I have also been working on my Linen whole quilt piece that is going to hang on the wall in my lounge room. I'm using a darning foot and free motion quilting this using the 1/4 inch quilters tape as my guide.


My Kantha-like quilt is still happening after all the unpicking here, I have now restitched one border...three to go and I'm done!


I received another beautiful stash of Liberty charm squares from Amitie this week, delicious. They were making pretty patterns on my design wall, with a few of the charms from the previous stash added in. Sweet.


I have loved liberty for a long time, and have been showing a few favourites over on instagram like these two..


This little bundle of Liberty Love also made it's way to my door from Westwood Acres. Very nice.


So that's about it, work happening, but slowly. Sometimes life is like that too. It's kind of nice. xo

13 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Enjoy looking in on all of your projects Cathy!

susis quilts said...

dear cathy,i never heared kantha quilting,but it looks very interesting, love all your projects,susi

Pip said...

Burbling is a good word I think. Won't be long till you are binding the flower garden quilt, can't wait to see it finished, in your own time of course:)

Archie the wonder dog said...

I'm fascinated by your mandala and could look at it for hours!

Amanda said...

Like that word. I think I could say I am burbling along myself...just cruising but still achieving stuff. Love your work the mandala is looking good.

Patchwork and Play said...

So many pretty projects I don't know how you choose to spend your time! Love the mandala and the kantha quilt! I'm really looking forward to seeing that one in all its beauty!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Wow lots of quilting goodness going on at your house!

Anna said...

your color choices as absolutely stunning! I so enjoy your blog posts as they always make me happy :)

liniecat said...

Love the mandalas progress - Ive had to buy the book on the strength of your mandala !
that skew whiffy pentagon shape is ace!

pandchintz said...

You have lots of lovely things on the go! Enjoy

Karen Gamble said...

So much going on, perfect pictures. I love what will be your whole piece quilt! Kx

Hildi said...

Cathy, this is wonderful! I really love your mandala, and also all your other work!
Thank you for your message, I will answer soon
Hilde

Cynthia@aquilterbynight said...

Beautiful projects and images! I am pondering Instagram...... perhaps will sign up soon.