Monday, September 1, 2014

Insta Snapshot

Are you on Instagram? Do you #like or #dislike it?!


I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I must say I do enjoy it over there, the connections with others, the inspiration and encouragement, the photographic record of little snapshots of your work and life. A little like blogging I guess, only a lot faster! 


Sometimes I like to look back over my photo feed and see the work (quilting work of course) that I do get done. Doing a lot of handwork I often feel as though I don't achieve much. Looking back on instagram though, I can see that actually I have created a lot of stuff, some finished, some still in the works.




Sometimes it's just for fun!...

Our very tolerant Groodle Millie getting her Groucho Marx look on

Or to remember a show you loved....

David Tennant AND Matt Smith arggh!

And other times it's nice to capture a 'this caught my eye' shot!

Raindrops on Roses...ahem...Nasturtiums!

I do record a few little snacky things from time to time...

Raw Peanut butter on a date topped with a pecan, yum!

Simple Vegie Fried Rice

...but mostly it's a record of what I'm creating at the time.

I'm loving the Liberty fabrics. More of this to show soon!

Little 'butterfly' units ready to sew onto my Mandala quilt

If you are on instagram and I haven't found you yet, let me know, I do get very inspired by seeing what you do! xo

13 comments:

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

I've left you a message in Instagram. I find it good for browsing what others are up to, and sharing my progress.

antique quilter said...

I like Instagram for the instant gratification of seeing quilts and quickly swiping thru the pictures vs waiting for blogs to upload, BUT I love blogging cause you really get to know someones work and quilt style thru a blog post. You can see the process or understand how they made the quilt or what inspired them to make that quilt….more of a connection.
Always love seeing what your up to thanks for the recap and YOU DO ACCOMPLISH A LOT!
Kathie

Michelle said...

I was on Instagram until 3 months ago. While I enjoyed the connections and the inspirations, there were some other not-nice things going on. Plus I was one of those habitual phone checkers and I HATED being THAT person! So I deleted my account. If I were to go back I'd add just my real life friends. No one needed to see that much of my design wall and my lunch! Lol.

Karen said...

I love Instagram. I do a photo-a-day challenge. Its fantastic to look back over you photos and see all those bits and pieces of your life.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I just started. While it is nice for quick inspiration, I love blogs reading and posting!

Carla said...

Yes I'm on Instagram but I miss those that have stopped blogging. I'm glad you are doing both : )

Stephanie said...

I too WAS on IG. I loved it, it actually became an obsession. What photo to post today etc. I loved the people I met and the inspiration I got. I also at times didn't feel,part of the community there.
So I deleted my account too and went back to reading blogs which was something I had stopped doing.
I'm also trying to comment more to connect with people that way. And I'm so glad I did otherwise I wouldn't have found out about that delightful book of Leisels you recommended!!! Just waiting for it to arrive but think a visit to the fabric shop to choose some fabrics is In order!!!!
Totally loving your Mandala

Pip said...

I'm on IG, I like looking at all the eye candy but think I prefer blogs more although to be honest I don't have much idea how IG works yet.

Juliann in WA said...

I very much #like Instagram.

Charlotta said...

I haven't tried Instagram. I never could figure out Pinterest, at all. Didn't do anything for me and never really worked for me. And I feel like I don't really need yet another thing to suck up time! FB, reading blogs, email, magazines - hard copies and cyber articles - and everything else, whether in hand or in space; all those things already take more time than I have every day.

GO STARS! said...

Instagram is addictive! I live it. I can keep up with everyone's projects from start to finish. My user name is sckett

Archie the wonder dog said...

Your photos are lovely! I'm not on Instagram, I don't have an IG-friendly gadget. Or any gadget at all, in fact!

Joanna @ Riddle and {Whimsy} said...

I like instagram. It's so much easier to post WIP updates there because I can take a quick shot while I'm DOING and there's a WIP update. Whereas for my blog I have to actually stop working to get my camera out and etc etc. I guess it's a shame I don't share that kind of thing on my blog much anymore though. I'm trying hard to not get into the habit of checking my phone all the time which is hard lol!