Sunday, September 7, 2014

This week

This week I was blessed to capture a snapshot on my phone of a stunning sunset across the bay...what a picture. It's wonderful just to stop for a bit and marvel at God's magnificent creation!


Another beauty discovered in the gardens at Heronswood (Dromana). Those more knowledgable about plants than me on instagram told me it is a Peacock Iris, and I can see why! It looks as though someone has carefully marked it with beautiful blue inks.


I had a lovely delivery from the gorgeous Etsy shop Polka Dot Tea, thanks Girls! This Melange Chambray cotton yarn dye from Lecien will be paired up with Liberty fabrics sometime soon. It's absolutely delicious.


Also I was working last week at Treehouse Textiles new shop in Mornington...and loving it! I will be there this week (Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs arvo) if you are in the area drop in and say hi! (2B Empire Street, Mornington).


How has your week been? xo

5 comments:

cat and vee xoxo said...

Gorgeous pics Cathy! I just made a couple of cushions using the Melange yarn dye from Polka Dot Tea, in the same colour - it's really lovely to sew with, it's such a great texture. Have a happy week. Cat

Carla said...

Now THAT looks like a gorgeous shop! Wow. What a lovely sunset too. Amazing creation

liniecat said...

Stunning pics, but what a stunning Iris!!

Maria said...

Great sunset photo...your phone takes better pics than mine! :-) The iris is gorgeous...and yes that name is perfect. Lovely lot of fabric from Polka Dot Tea...I discovered their Etsy shop last year when I was looking for Liberty prints :-)

pandchintz said...

Fabulous pics Cathy! The sunset is stunning and those petals are amazing - never seen an iris like it. Enjoy being shop girl!!